Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ben's First Smoothie day!

Hey guys and squirrels,

I made a smoothie this morning and a smoothie "soup" this evening.

This morning:
-2 leaves of kale
-1 carrot
-2 strawberries
-handful of almonds
-dash of lemon juice

This evening:
-1 leaf of kale
-1 carrot
-1/2 cup of fire roasted tomatos
-handful of walnuts
-1/3 sweet potato
-dash of ginger
-dash of ground black pepper
-dash of garlic powder

This morning I was running short on time so my smoothie was a bit chunky. I had to chew through most of it, however it was not unbearable.

This evening's soup smoothie was actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It tasted much better than it smelled.

Also, for a pre-dinner snack, I made hummus with tahini and chick peas and a clove of garlic. I dipped gluten-free onion garlic rice crackers in it and it was delicious!

Overall, a pretty-okay first full day of our new diet.

C U SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment