My first day of this new diet was definitely challenging. I think I chose a poor day to begin this difficult diet! I had class / work from 9:30am until 8:00pm, and was not home all day to make smoothies for meals. I started my morning with a banana, and decided I was going to wing it in terms of food for the rest of the day (stupid). For lunch I bought an Odwalla Superfood Smoothie, and a cup of carrots & celery. That was about 8 buck$. So not worth it, but I was starvin, and didn't have time to go home to make a smoothie.
Around 5:30-6:00pm I started to get a bad headache and my stomach was empty. I was TA'ing a class so I couldn't leave to get food, and my headache kept getting worse. I never really get headaches, so I knew it was because I hadn't really eaten much during the day. I decided to eat my emergency granola bar I had been keeping in my backpack, so, I cheated in this diet already! but after about two bites I immediately felt better.
Once I got out of class, Ben picked me up and I felt very negative about this whole diet. However, after we got home Ben made some delicious hummus that we ate with the gluten-free rice crackers, and I definitely felt better after getting some more food in my stomach. Ben also made a smoothie soup for dinner, and I snacked on some banana and strawberry for dessert. I may also have eaten a small amount of Easter chocolate.. ;)
I'm no good with diets, but I think I'm going to plan my day out a little better for tomorrow so I won't have to go through harsh hunger pains again!
No comments:
Post a Comment